Everybody needs some level of motivation from time to time. Often, just the mere thought of accomplishing something that you have always wanted to do is enough. But, oftentimes it can be so difficult to get started that even a locomotive couldn’t pull you out of your favorite chair. Continue reading Whose Opinions Mean More To You?
You are excited to get started. All of your market research strongly suggests that you have a winner on your hands! So, what should you do to make it happen? Continue reading So You Have Another Product To Market – Now What?
Are you a good manager of time or do you often find yourself in some type of time crunch?
Most of us have a very good idea of whether we have good time management skills or not. The key is knowing what should you do, when you realize that your poor time management are having a negative impact on your business efforts. Continue reading The Importance Of Good Time Management
Owners of these businesses don’t always see the end coming. Oftentimes, they are totally unaware of what is about to happen – until it is too late to correct their problem(s).
Our staff has listed our most common indicators that should have warned owners that they were heading toward a business failure. Those owners who did not heed our advice all had their reasons for not doing so. Yet by reviewing these indicators, we believe that you will have an excellent opportunity to avoid repeating their mistakes.
Hopefully, you will use these indicators as a checklist of reminders to make sure that the survival of your business is as secure as possible. And although there are a lot of indicators shown here, we don’t consider that this list is complete. So, if you can think of additional problem areas that we should add, please leave us a comment.
NOTE: These warning indicators are listed in no particular order.
- Being Overwhelmed By Competition
- Business Model Is Not “In Sync” With Available Resources
- Business Situated In Wrong Location
- Business Strategy Does Not Change With Market Conditions
- Cash Flow Issues – Can Easily Run Out Of Money
- Consistently Slow And Low Volume Sales Activity
- Constant Infighting Among Staff
- Failure To Measure And Monitor Marketing Efforts And Results
- Failure To Track Business Objectives – “Seat of Pants” Decisions
- Inadequate Inventory Management
- Inadequate Management Of Accounts Receivables
- Inappropriate Use Of Company Funds
- Internal Strife – Employees Upset And Unresolved Issues
- Key Personnel Have Leadership Issues – Personality Issues
- Key Personnel Showing Signs of “Burnout”
- Lack Of Experience For Critical Tasks At Hand
- Lack Of Proper Business Planning
- No Business Identity Of Their Own – Does Not Appear Unique
- Not Displaying The Value Of Products – Improper Marketing
- Out Of Touch With Customer Needs
- Owners Are Much Too Confident – No Longer “Teachable”
- Poor Goal Setting Or Poor Implementation Of Plan
- Poor People Management Skills
- No Backup In Place For Key Personnel
- Purpose Of The Business Is Unclear Or Not Clearly Defined
- Rapid Growth Comes Unexpectedly – Not Prepared To Handle
- The Business Depends Too Much On Just A Few Customers
- Thievery Of Company Products And/Or Equipment
- Too Much Money Being Spent On Fixed Assets
- Trying To “Buck The Trends” – Fighting Uphill Too Much
- Under Funded
- Using an Inadequate Marketing Message
- Using a Poorly Designed Pricing Model
- Very Poor Credit Management
- Weak Marketing Programs Being Used – Not Being Competitive
This article was written by SDK Hunter Consulting Group
About The Author:
Sherman Hunter and SDK Hunter Consulting Group staff consultants provide global moneymaking opportunities and proprietary strategies that quickly accelerate business activity. You may familiarize yourself with these unique concepts by visiting the SDK Hunter Consulting Group blog located at: http://sdkhunter.com
NOTE: You have full permission to reprint this article within your website or newsletter as long as you leave the article fully intact and include the “About The Authors” resource box.
Now, that being said – Imperfect people certainly cannot be expected to get along well in all situations.
What can you do to avoid a serious clash within your team?
The proper selection and use of productivity tools can truly ramp up your operations. As with most important tasks, it pays to be sure that you are using the most efficient tools for the job. This is especially true when it comes to making sure that your office operations are effective and efficient.
It all starts with a careful review of available productivity tools that can improve the efficiency of your most laborious tasks. The best way to do that is by taking a few moments to review what tools are available to you.
The right tools for the right job makes all the difference. If you will just approach this topic in a serious manner, your ability to communicate effectively with your staff and associates will increase significantly.
We suggest that if you wish to gain tremendous insight into the possibilities, take a close look at Gary Fox’s business blog. I happened to run across it recently and was quite impressed with the wealth of information that it contains. Gary clearly understands and appreciates the power of collaboration in business.
You need not look very close to see the effects of the internet on global commerce. Reaching people over the web is a key to doing business in a modern economy. However, the way by which these patrons are reached is changing drastically — as more people purchase mobile devices. Websites are still crucial to having online success, but they reach their full potential when paired with web apps. Continue reading The Importance of Mobile Web Apps
If only the process of making a million dollars were that easy.
People think up million dollar ideas all the time, and most of those people do absolutely nothing about them. Yet, many of these people do try to bring their million dollar ideas to fruition, but still fail also.
What does that mean for you? It means that there are a lot of opportunities that are just waiting on you. Continue reading Maximized ROI: Segmenting the Product Life Cycle
You reach for the phone, dial the number and hang up after the first ring. Your script is ready, but actually reading it over the phone is enough to make you quit before you even begin. You are talented, you have a great product or service, but how can you grow your business, attract more clients and increase your income if you’re uncomfortable with the small talk and cold calling?
You can succeed as a marketer even if you dread cold calling, face-to-face conversations or even making small talk with potential customers. There is a secret technique that successful marketers know and use in every successful sale effort. Continue reading Moving From Introvert to Successful Marketer Without Cold Calling Or Small Talk
That’s an old saying, to be sure, but one that bears repeating throughout one’s life as well as the life of your business. The life blood of every business is its “cash flow”. If your cash flow is not adequate, your business cannot succeed. Therefore, it stands to reason that part of your responsibility as an entrepreneur is to understand how to properly manage your cash flow. Continue reading Tracking Daily Cash Flow Is Critical To Your Success